Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chips

I've been getting some nice feedback from people who are reading the blog so I just wanted to say thanks for reading!  Today's post is going to be a little bit shorter than normal because I'm ready to sleep and because I didn't have any special outings today.

My 2nd day at work went just as good as the first.  On our break I got some interesting chips for a snack...they were Lays but the flavor was called "India's Magic Masala".  If I had to compare it to a chip flavor I've had before, I'd say it is similar to Barbeque but it had some unusual spices in the ingredients list (black pepper, chili powder, and tumeric I think).  Wikipedia tells me this flavor is very popular in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh!  If I'm not going to find my favorite Dill Pickle chips here, I may as well try something new!

When we got back from work Kristen and I went to workout in the workout room on the 25th floor of our hotel.  That is the top floor and there are large windows where we can look out on the city.  Not too far from our hotel we can see an area where people are living basically in shacks...they have large blue tarps covering them to (hopefully) keep out the elements.  Kristen pointed out a couple of big water troughs where people were getting water.  The disparity between the rich and the poor here is something that was mentioned to me before I came but I have seen it just in the last few days.  There is an area we drove through Sunday pretty close to here that is called the Beverly Hills of Hyderabad and, like in Beverly Hills, the homes are huge and picturesque.  I'm not trying to make be a downer by bringing this up but it is just interesting what you can see by looking out the window of your hotel.

Off to sleep...we've got plans to eat dinner at the Indian restaurant in our hotel for dinner later!

No comments:

Post a Comment