Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm here!

Hi all!
I've arrived in Hyderabad and have checked into my hotel...the Westin!  For those of you interested in reading a little about the city, or seeing pics of the hotel, check out these sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyderabad,_India and http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3219 .  I hope to post a few of my own pics up here tomorrow.  I had a very good trip despite the length of the flight.  I flew Air India and the people were great and I had a very comfortable seat that reclined all the way flat for sleeping!  I sat next to a nice, chatty lady from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, who is also in Hyderabad on business.  She did not have the same excitement that I have about visiting India but she is only here until Thursday.  She and her work buddy waited with me in the airport until I got my luggage and then made sure I found the driver who came to transport me to the hotel from the airport.  SO NICE of them!

It was nighttime and dark when I got here so I didn't see much of the city on the way to the hotel.  When I checked in at the front desk I was given a pretty little flower arrangement that Kristen, the trainer here from California, left for me!  I spoke with her on the phone tonight and we're meeting up in the morning and going out to visit a temple with some of the people from our training class.  I am looking forward to it!  I slept quite a bit on the trip over so I'm not very tired now but it is midnight here so I'm going to attempt to sleep more.  I hope you're all having a great Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. I pray you are far away from the earthquake !! We are very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete