Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kangan

Last night for dinner we went to the Indian restaurant in our hotel called Kangan.  The past few nights we've just been eating at the hotel buffet which has been fine but this place was great!  We ordered a few things and shared...chicken tikka masala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikka_masala), a curry sampler with lamb, chicken, and lentil curries, and naan (a flatbread).  Besides the great food they have a guy who makes custom bracelets for you while you eat...you just pick the colors and he starts making them on his little oven type thing.  Did I bring my camera down to take a picture of this?  Of course not!  (Rookie mistake.)  But, I will go back with camera in hand to take a picture of the bracelet maker and of the food.  We had to head to work before my bracelet was done so I'll be picking it up later tonight when they open again.

Other than that, I learned that Facebook has their offices in the same building as UHC...we are on floors 5-7 and Facebook is on floor 4.  I'm thinking about paying them a visit before I go.  I'm not sure what I'll do there yet, but if you have any good ideas, please leave them in the comments!  Maybe I'll show up and ask for Mark Zuckerberg?

I also got a chance to listen to the Indian version of the Black Eyed Peas song "My Humps".  The beat is the same but with different words and I'm told it was featured in a movie over here.  I'd put a link to the song in here but you might be disappointed if you were a fan of the original.

Two more nights of work and then the weekend...and our calendar is filling up with plans already!  Our colleagues here are very hospitable (if I haven't already mentioned that) and they are very kind to plan some social events for us.  I won't tell you what's ahead so you'll have to stay tuned!  :)  Thanks again for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Ask for a tour of the Facebook office. It should be interesting! Take your camera. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Facebook to stop changing things....confuses the less "techie" people!

    ReplyDelete