I've been doing pretty well sleeping during the daylight hours over here so I shouldn't complain, but one does not want to be woken up by a loud and scary fire alarm when they are in a strange environment. The alarm went off at about 4 pm yesterday (about an hour before I usually get up) and as I was wondering what to do I opened my door and went into the hall and of course, nobody was going anywhere. I found a hotel worker on my floor who explained I didn't need to evacuate and he said the alarm was going off due to privacy or piracy...something must have gotten lost in translation as I'm fairly sure we didn't have pirates setting off the alarm. It continued to go off for about a half hour so going back to sleep was not in the cards. I made it through the night at work and we just had a little breakfast with Travis who is flying out this afternoon. Two more UHC people will be coming in today so we're anxious to see some new faces!
We have a busy weekend planned! Saturday plans involve tea at the supervisor's house before going to see a cricket match that he organized...he has also said he will take us out for lunch afterwards at a "lovely" place. Also Saturday we're going to do some shopping and see a movie! I'm sure I'll have much more to share and some new photos after our adventures!
We have a busy weekend planned! Saturday plans involve tea at the supervisor's house before going to see a cricket match that he organized...he has also said he will take us out for lunch afterwards at a "lovely" place. Also Saturday we're going to do some shopping and see a movie! I'm sure I'll have much more to share and some new photos after our adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment